A Schola Gregoriana Europaea session at Boulaur Abbey
Schola Gregoriana Europaea will sing the Offices of the Exaltation of the Cross in “le Gers”
(between Toulouse and Auch)
- in the cathedral of Auch we will sing the first Vespers, on Friday 13 September 2019
- at the Cistercien abbey Notre Dame de Boulaur , where we will be located,
we will sing the Offices on Saturday 14 September, with the Cistercian community
- in the former Cistercian abbey of Flaran :
we will sing the Mass celebrated by Mgr. Maurice Gardès,
archibishop of Auch, on Sunday the 15th at 10:30.
Web site of the Abbey ►
The session will be conducted by Juan Carlos Asensio.
Juan Carlos Asensio was introduced to Gregorian chant since his early childhood
as a chorister of the boys’ choir if the Benedictine Abbey Santa Cruz del Valle de los Caidos.
He conducts Schola Antiqua, Madrid.
He is also a professor at the Escola Superior de Musica de Catalunya
and at the Real Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid.
Short description of the feast of the Exaltation (in French) ►
If you are interested you can from now on proceed for a pre-inscription.
Your definitive inscription will be confirmed by e-mail.
In order to make up the definitive list of participants, we take into account:
- the nationality or the country of residence, since our choir wants to be European
- an equilibrium between male and female voices
This event is aimed at singers with a sound experience of singing plain chant and psalmody.
Attention! The number of Belgian participants was already reached on 05/10/2018.
There are 3 possibilities:
- Accomodation at the abbey in single room: 240 €
- Accomodation at the abbey in 2 beds room: 205 € per person
- Accomodation outside the abbey and meals taken at the abbey: 160 €
(in the latter case, participants are responsible for organising their own accommodation)
and full pension for those who stay in the abbey,
from Wednesday 11 Septembre in the afternoon
until Sunday 15 september 2019 after lunch.
Boulaur Abbey is 63 km away from Toulouse-Blagnac airport
and at 66 km from SNCF railway station of Toulouse-Matabiau.
From there you can reach the city of Gimont by train
where you will be taken care of.
Video of Boulaur, Auch and Flaran ►
Pre-registration Form ►
The Schola Gregoriana Europaea is on Facebook